DID YOU KNOW?
LATINO’S CURRENTLY MAKE UP OVER 19% OF THE U.S. POPULATION & ARE BY FAR THE FASTEST GROWING ETHNIC GROUP!
OVER THE LAST 10 YEARS, THE NUMBER OF LATINO BUSINESS OWNERS GREW 34%, COMPARED TO 1% FOR ALL BUSINESS OWNERS IN THE U.S!
LATINO PURCHASING POWER IN THE U.S. HAS REACHED 1.9 TRILLION DOLLARS & ANNUAL SALES FOR LATINO BUSINESSES CONTRIBUTED OVER 800 BILLION DOLLARS TO THE U.S. ECONOMY!
THE LATINO POPULATION HAS ONE OF THE YOUNGEST MEDIAN AGES AT 29 YEARS OLD & WITHIN THE NEXT 5 YEARS, LATINO STUDENTS WILL MAKE UP 30% OF U.S. PUBLIC SCHOOL SYSTEMS!
HISPANICS HAVE THE SECOND HIGHEST LABOR FORCE PARTICIPATION RATE IN THE U.S. AT 65.6% AND ARE AN ACTIVE AND CRUCIAL PART OF OUR LABOR FORCE!
FOR EVERY 100,000 LATINO ADULTS IN THE U.S. ON AVERAGE 510 BECOME NEW ENTREPRENEURS EVERY SINGLE MONTH!
Resources For Families & Businesses
Businesses, Employers, & Employees
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Information Sheet: Lenders
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Information Sheet: Borrowers
- Guide to SBA’s Economic Injury Disaster Loans
- Coronavirus Emergency Loans Small Business Guide and Checklist
- Guide to the Employee Retention Tax Credit
- Small Business Association Disaster Loan Assistance Application
- Betancourt Family Emergency Fund (Financial Relief for Undocumented Individuals)
- Northern Virginia COVID-19 Emergency Assistance Program (Financial Relief)
- IRS Tax Filing Extensions
- U.S. Department of the Treasury: Coronavirus Information
- OSHA: COVID-19 Information
- OSHA: Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19
- VEC: Unemployment Insurance
- VDH: Considerations for Businesses/Employers
- VDH: Tips and Info for Food Establishments Poster
- VDH: Cancelling/modifying an event in Virginia
- WHO: Getting your Workplace Ready
- CDC: Interim Guide for Business and Employers
- VDH: Info for Food Establishments (COVID‐19)
Individuals and Families
- Food Resources in Fairfax County
- Taking Care of Your Mental Health in the Face of Uncertainty
- Virginia Association of Free and Charitable Clinics
- Virginia Community Health Association (Free/Low Cost Health Care Centers)
- City of Richmond Official COVID-19 Update
- Gov. Northam Press Conference (March 17)
- Governor’s Press Release (March 12, 2020)
- CDC: Info on Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
- VDH: Checklist for Individuals and Families
- CDC: What you need to know about coronavirus
- CDC: What to do if you are sick with coronavirus
- VDH: COVID-19 Basics What You Need to Know
- CDC: Facts About COVID-19
- CDC Protects and Prepares Communities
- Talking to Children About Coronavirus
- COVID-19 Fact Sheet